Fusible PVC® side-by-side with Bell & Spigot PVC - note the joint deflections
- Increased Production: By pre-fusing the pipe, installation of Fusible PVC® may be much faster than that of traditional bell and spigot pipe. Project staging can significantly reduce site mobilization time - pipe fusion prior to/independent of trenching.
- Excavation Options: Fusible PVC®, as a pipeline that is joined outside of the trench, offers the option to use higher production excavation methods, such as the use of trenching equipment.
- No Restraint Hardware: Fusible PVC®, with its butt-fused joining system is intrinsically restrained and does not require additional restraint hardware. This eliminates costly materials, excessive installation times in the trench, and potential long term corrosion and failure of the restraining hardware. The elimination of mechanical restraints and their required cathodic protection removes expensive and time consuming in-trench assembly.
- No Thrust-Blocking: The intrinsically restrained joints of Fusible PVC® may eliminate the need for additional longitudinal restraint systems like thrust blocks.
- Standard Fittings: Fusible PVC® utilizes standard mechanical joint fittings. No special fittings or equipment are required for connections. As a result, Fusible PVC® is easy to connect and maintain.
- Design Alternatives: Fusible PVC® can "sweep" alignments due to its inherent bend radius, eliminating restraint and deflection couplings and aiding in the installation of systems on curvilinear alignments. Since it is a gasket-free, leak free design multiple lines may be placed in the same trench, minimizing additional trench construction.
- Leak Free System: It is common for a few gasketed joints on a given project to contain dirt, not be properly installed, or otherwise leak during testing, which creates unplanned repair and remediation work prior to the project even being completed. Fusible PVC®, which is fused and monolithic has no gaskets, and all joints are created prior to installation, eliminating this concern.
- Safer Work Environment: Pipe assembly for Fusible PVC® does not require any workers in the trench. A reduced size crew can install Fusible PVC® without the use of a trench box depending on the project site conditions, and eliminate the need to have personnel in the trench.